Monday, April 10, 2023

Key Points In Beginning Part Of Round Form Youtube video


Key Points in Beginning Part of Round Form video link
 


Correction of common mistakes of beginners learning Tai Chi Round Form.

 Thanks for this, Master Hwa. The "common mistakes" are indeed endemic.  There is indeed lots of "outward arm movement" in Tai Chi. If one has learned other Tai Chi, It is hard to remove from the "subconscious" when learning "internally". 

 

I gave up the "other" Tai Chi and those mistakes I learned when I began studying with you in 2003. I gave up the Karate, Taekwondo, and Tai Chi I had learned previously when I began studying with the Wu Family in Toronto, mid "the 80's", I was told I had to because I was teaching it. 

 

I know your teacher Young Wabu was told to give them up and gave up the martial arts he had learned previously when he began studying with Wu Chien Chuan.  I think there is an imperative people do not think of and that is what they learned previously is "subconscious".  So when I studied in Toronto, for instance, I had a hard time not kicking like I did with Taekwondo and it created many problems in learning Wu's Style Tai Chi.It really showed up in "free sparring".

 

 

 

 

No comments: