Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Many times in Tai Chi students cannot find correct neuromuscular control. One can stretch the students arm so they feel the connection of arm to back and also to a lesser degree the abdomen. Eventually one can use back and abdominal to power arm movement.Doing the Lions share of repairing the hole where logical reasoning disappeared, "righting the ship" and saving Tai Chi.



"Helen A." who is a student on Master Hwa's Classical Tai Chi Teachable course: Helen said: "When I try to move my arms from my back muscles, as you recommend, I feel the movement of the muscle in my stomach area (core muscle?). Does this mean that I am doing the movement correctly?" Master Hwa said: "You got it!! It is the purpose of this exercise to connect arm movement to the back and the abdomen muscles so that eventually you can use the energy of these muscles to power the arm movement."

No comments: