Tuesday, October 15, 2019

R.F. revs up for momentum by turning pelvis and swinging the arm BUT just before hitting the ball he stabilizes the pelvis and engaged "upper body turning move" a Hallmark of Classical Tai Chi internal discipline. https://youtu.be/fuu881kl0OsDoing the Lions share of repairing the hole where logical reasoning disappeared, "righting the ship" and saving Tai Chi.


from Instagram

Play tennis like "grasping a peacock's tail" 

Stephen Hwa:  


"I was a tennis player from a very young age. My game
started going downhill when I was approaching forty
years of age. That was when I started to learn Tai Chi.
As I was beginning to master the Internal Discipline in
my Tai Chi Form practice in my fifties, my tennis game
started to improve rapidly. It eventually reached a level
way beyond my younger years. Take some specific
moves as examples: I did not learn the proper technique
to volley at the net when I was young. Later, I found my
upper quarter-body push move is exactly the correct
move for a volley, described by tennis pros as a "punch"
move. The body turning move in "Grasp Peacock's Tail"
greatly improved my two-handed backhand. Overall,
my moves were much more natural, powerful and I had
a faster response on the court, as if I had rebuilt myself
from ground up into an entirely different person with
physical and mental abilities beyond my youthful years."


No comments: